Answer: Ina Garten's Corn Salad
Check! I'll be making that tonight.
Here's the deal:
- 5 ears of corn, shucked (I used six because a couple of the ears had bad spots. I also mixed bread and butter corn with sweet white corn.)
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves (and feel smug if you can just traipse out to your garden to cut your own!)
Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.
The end result was really good and really pretty, too. Check it out for yourself: